Why We’re Different
Dedicated SMB focus
- We are singularly focused on helping investors have access to the Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) market and helping SMBs get capital for growth by selling their equity.
- In the USA, loans / debt has been the only option for SMBs for over 80 years.
- Servicing debt kills cash flow which limits growth.
- Now SMBs will have a choice between Debt or Equity for capital
- The SMB market is massive:
- Over 50% of the global GDP is produced by SMBs
- 6 out of 10 employees in the private sector work for an SMB
- No other company provides a cost effective equity solution for SMBs
Private vs. Public
- Public markets have layers of rules and regulations in place to ensure that smallest investor is protected.
- Private markets are only able to work with investors that have a net worth of more than $1M and have a much lower regulatory foot print and cost.
- The Halagard Marketplace will be private
- Think of Capital markets as a bunch of building blocks. Each block is company providing a service and charging a fee for their services.
- If you take these blocks and stack them inside a single company, you remove redundant fees and can provide lower cost services.
- This is vertical integration and why Halagard can provide cost effective services for SMBs.
- Our unique business model allocates a fraction of revenue from every private offering on Halagard’s platform towards charitable causes.